Holy Saviour Church Croydon
We are so pleased…
The Church is now open for worship together again on Sunday10am-11.15am
Please kindly wear a mask and Observe Social Distancing
The Church is OPEN for individual prayer (or family units) on:
- Tues evenings 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Weds evenings 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Thurs evenings 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Saturday mornings 9.30am-11.30am
- Sunday mornings 9.30am-11.30am
God’s Blessings to you and your family!!
|Tuesday 8am-8.30am||Morning Prayer|
|Tuesday 7.30pm-8.30pm||Night Prayer with Meditation|
|Wednesday 10am-11am||Holy Communion and Prayers|
|Thursday 6pm-6.45||Evening Prayer|
|Friday 6pm-7pm||Choir Practice|
|Saturday 10am-11.30am||Church Open to book your Christenings and Weddings|
|Sunday 10am-11.30am||Sung Holy Communion|
with Sunday School for kids
and every third Sunday Young People’s Independent Group
Ash Wednesday 2020
Lent began on Ash Wednesday last week, 26 February. In the picture below, our morning service of Imposition of Ashes began with the lighting of 40 Lent candles to represent the 40 days and 40 nights Jesus spent in the wilderness and to guide us through the 40 days of Lent ahead. The picture is taken from the east end of the church looking to the Rose window at the west end.
Eco-presentation by Sunday School & Young People’s Independent Group
Sunday School & Young People gave an Eco-presentation on the occasion of the farewell service to Archdeacon of Croydon, Chris Skilton, on 19 January.
On Sunday 19th January, the Sunday School led a sermon on saving God’s Creation, the Earth. This Lent we are asking everyone to work together to care for God’s creation and make a commitment to tackle climate change
Some examples of the things you can do this Lent are:
- Give up using single-use plastics e.g. plastic beverage bottles, plastic bottle caps, food wrappers, plastic grocery bags, plastic lids, straws and stirrers, and foam take-away containers.
- Use alternative forms of transport
- Commit to buying no new clothes from unsustainable sources…Sustainable materials are: Linen made from flax; Hemp, another crop; Bamboo; Lyocel; Alpaca; Organic Wool; Silk.
- Try going meat free or reduce the amount of meat you eat: Try Lentil Soup, Crispy Baked Falafel, Vegetarian Tacos, Peanut Slaw with Noodles, Vegetable Paella, Vegetable Lasagna.
- Use less electricity.
- Reduce your waste and recycle more.
- Join the Extinction Rebellion Campaign.
Thank you to Diane and ‘My Time, Croydon’
Holy Saviour Church wants to thank Diane Johnson and her group from ‘My Time, Croydon’ who so generously donated over 30 Christmas gift bags for our church to distribute in our local community. The gift bags contained practical things for getting through the winter such as woolly hats, scarves, gloves, toiletries and a bar of chocolate or two! They were given to members of our congregation for distribution to people they know might appreciate them within our local community.
‘My Time, Croydon’ is based in Thornton Heath and offers a therapeutic approach to adults with learning disabilities and additional physical needs. The group is part of the Surrey & Borders NHS Partnership and Foundation Trust. We are so pleased that the group visited our church twice this year. A huge thank you!
Monthly Seniors’ ‘Mix & Mingle’
The first, for the 2020 New Year, of our monthly community social for older people of all cultures and faiths took place on Saturday 11 January, with delicious refreshments, a game of ‘Beetle’ and a talk on saving money on utility bills. With thanks to its organisers from Holy Saviour and KCWA as well as our newly awarded Croydon Episcopal Area Mission Grant.
Holy Savs – Christmas in the Community
Holy Savs rocking the Christmas Carols on Bensham Lane yesterday, Friday 20 December 2019, evening, putting positivity back into our streets. Thank you to our community who were so responsive!
Join us for Christmas: